YGOPro Name : RsS.YuGi

DN Name : RsS.YuGi

Dueling Points : 16.445

Skill Points : 378
BT Record : 10-0
Events Count : 10
Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Empty

PostSubject: Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 3:47 am#1

Apoqliphort Towers

Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers 300px-ApoqliphortTowers-NECH-EN-R-1E

Monster Effect wrote:
Cannot be Special Summoned. Requires 3 "Qli" Tributes to Normal Summon/Set. If this card is Normal Summoned/Set, it is unaffected by Spell/Trap effects and by activated effects from any monster whose original Level/Rank is lower than this card's current Level. All Special Summoned monsters lose 500 ATK and DEF. Once per turn: You can make your opponent send 1 monster from their hand or their side of the field to the Graveyard (their choice).
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Apoqliphort Towers is a card that drove us all insane when we read it's effect, a very easily summoned monster using it's own archetype a strong beast stick and a godlike effect. It's basically indestructible!!

But, not long time ago people started to not pay much attention to this card in the competitive builds, I'm creating this discussion to reveal the reasons behind that, why would anyone not run this incredible card?

NOTE: I'm not trying to convince you that Tower is either a bad or a good card, I'm simply putting it under a discussion. 

Let's take a look at the current format's 'Meta', the mostly common names of decks that will come up our heads are Nekroz and Burning Abyss. For burning abyss, Killer's effect to make them send a monster to the graveyard is a trigger of those BA monsters yet we wonder, why to fear? Tower isn't affected by almost anything. 

Another thing though, if you're at a point able to summon killer... wouldn't that mean that you already had enough materials to win the duel, while you could've summon disk in stead Tower and attack with and mostly win the game.

How to get rid of tower?

Cards Group A: Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, Lava Golem, Santa Claws, Volcanic Queen, Metaion, The Time Lord, Cyber Eltanin, Infernoid Onuncu, Nekroz Decisive Armor, Start Eater, 52: Diamond Crab King.

Cards Group B: Any deck that can boost up attack like Bujins (Crane) and Blackwings (Kalut). Or any deck that can summon monsters with higher attack that Tower. 

Finally a one magical spell card that's so old in YGO and Konami recently looking into and redoing it.. Share The Pain.  

Pros:
1- Easily summoned by Qli cards.
2- Searchable by sacrifice and Scout.
3- High attack, godlike effect by being unaffected by any S/T or a monster who's lower than the level of Tower. Forcing your opponent to send a monster they control or in hand to the graveyard. 

Cons:
1- Tower is a slow card compared to the current format. 
2- Not even needed in Qli decks in the current format. 
3- Cannot be special summoned. 

So Guest, what do you think of this card, and what other ideas you have around it. Do you main/side it or even run it in your build.
 Please share them with us and discuss!

Back to top Go down
http://www.resurrectionacademy.org
Thanako

Teacher

Thanako

YGOPro Name : Thanako

DN Name : Thanako

Dueling Points : 520

Skill Points : 00
BT Record : 0-0
Events Count : -1 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 3:56 am#2

My general issue with this card is the existence of Apoqliphort Skybase. While this boss is very fantastic and can lead to some stupidly broken plays, it's honestly not as good as Skybase is. Despite that both of these bosses are fantastic... The deck itself already pushes hard enough as it is. Fantastic card if you're making a fun version of Qlips, though there's nothing fun about facing this card.
Back to top Go down
LoudFist

Events Organizer

LoudFist

Custom Title : blank

YGOPro Name : LoudFist

DN Name : LoudFist

Dueling Points : 4665

Skill Points : 398
BT Record : 52-59
Events Count : 5 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 4:52 am#3

in my opinion it's a no brainer to have towers in your Qli deck.
Back to top Go down
W.O.P.i.E

Kuriboh Brown

W.O.P.i.E

Custom Title : RDA's Guardian

YGOPro Name : W.O.P.i.E

Dueling Points : 250

Skill Points : 05
BT Record : 0-30
Events Count : 0 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:02 am#4

card liek dat should be divine/divine-beast
Back to top Go down
RsS

Admin

RsS

Custom Title : Cakes Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:05 pm#5

Thanako wrote:
My general issue with this card is the existence of Apoqliphort Skybase. While this boss is very fantastic and can lead to some stupidly broken plays, it's honestly not as good as Skybase is. Despite that both of these bosses are fantastic... The deck itself already pushes hard enough as it is. Fantastic card if you're making a fun version of Qlips, though there's nothing fun about facing this card.

Skybase should be another card discussion right after this one to connect them together, I'll make sure to ask your opinion on things with details very soon =)

LoudFist wrote:
in my opinion it's a no brainer to have towers in your Qli deck.

I think it depends on what sort the build is, the competitive way during our currnet format doesn't main it and some builds side it. As Thanko said maybe a fun build would run it.. but.. Qli are no fun to begin with haha.
W.O.P.i.E wrote:
card liek dat should be divine/divine-beast

Fact is, this card is the most recent YGO card that actually represents the Gods. If Konami was still making Divine attribute, I'm sure they'd have included this card as one.
Back to top Go down
Majestic Nova

GFX Team

Majestic Nova

Custom Title : Finalize

YGOPro Name : xAizen

DN Name : Majestic Nova

Dueling Points : 2220

Skill Points : 15
BT Record : 1-0

PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:47 am#6

Ogreed, Qliphs suck anyway xD
Back to top Go down
0Ghost0

Kuriboh Brown

0Ghost0

YGOPro Name : 0Ghost0

DN Name : ....

Dueling Points : 100

Skill Points : 00

PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 3:32 pm#7

I think he is so strong , qli decks should have 1 in the main deck , just think about it u tribute 3 monsters (which activate their effects) and if u have monoloth (not so sure about spelling) u gonna draw 3 cards ! , also u use his fantastic effect to make it harder for ur opponent (ut opponent may have not have many cards by the time tower hit the field ) , also if he want to destroy it he gonna waste some thing while u can special summon next turn and continue normally .
Back to top Go down
RsS

Admin

RsS

Custom Title : Cakes Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 2:59 am#8

0Ghost0 wrote:
I think he is so strong , qli decks should have 1 in the main deck , just think about it u tribute 3 monsters (which activate their effects) and if u have monoloth (not so sure about spelling) u gonna draw 3 cards ! , also u use his fantastic effect to make it harder for ur opponent (ut opponent may have not have many cards by the time tower hit the field ) , also if he want to destroy it he gonna waste some thing while u can special summon next turn and continue normally .

It's true, tower is tough to run over, in general that is. This thread is made back when Qlips weren't hit by the banlist. So I suppose for newer formats since that, things might have changed, I personally still don't run Tower in my build. I just feel he's not really needed. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts mate =)
Back to top Go down
Kudo Shinichi

Kuriboh Brown

Kudo Shinichi

YGOPro Name : KUDO

DN Name : Kudo.Shinichi

Dueling Points : 820

Skill Points : 01

PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 4:23 pm#9

RsS wrote:
0Ghost0 wrote:

It's true, tower is tough to run over, in general that is. This thread is made back when Qlips weren't hit by the banlist. So I suppose for newer formats since that, things might have changed, I personally still don't run Tower in my build. I just feel he's not really needed. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts mate =)
Yea you don't need "Tower" because you are using Mermails. xD
Sorry for spamming. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trueking123

Trueking123

Custom Title : Adaptation is Key

YGOPro Name : lilking123

Dueling Points : 3815

Skill Points : 142
BT Record : 0-7
Events Count : 3 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 4:35 pm#10

0Ghost0 wrote:
dont get me wrong this is a really good card. but now a lot of decks are able to just run over it, or avoid it in total.
nekroz has trishula and decisive armor, yosenju can stop you in general. Buring abyss.. i havent played them in a bit but im sure they have something. 
Anyway what im saying is the card is really good, but decks are able to get around it now a days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers EmptyCard Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Empty

PostSubject: Re: Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers Empty#11

Back to top Go down

Card Discussion: Apoqliphort Towers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1