Dueling Points : 16.445

Skill Points : 378
BT Record : 10-0
Events Count : 10
Playing IRL? Empty

Playing IRL? Empty
PostSubject: Playing IRL? Playing IRL? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:57 pm#1

Hello RDA, 

As a part of this section that we started recently it's fitting to talk about in-real-life playing as a take off for this section, so share with us...

Do you play IRL? yes, no? why you do/don't?
What decks you run, wanna make or hoping to have for real life playing.. etc.

and tell us about your experiences and other things Wink 
also, feel free to participate and be a part of the other 2 sections in this category and help us in them:

1- Cards/Decks Discussions
Share your irl decks, descuss strategies, cards and anything related. 
2- Reports
Share your reports about IRL tournaments you've in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.resurrectionacademy.org
NeoDTK

Teacher

Playing IRL? Empty
NeoDTK

Playing IRL? Empty
Custom Title : RDA's Crown Holder

YGOPro Name : DoomTemplar/Kaito

Dueling Points : 8760

Skill Points : 316
BT Record : 15-1
Events Count : 12
Playing IRL? Empty

Playing IRL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing IRL? Playing IRL? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 7:00 pm#2

Well...a couple of years ago I played irl but got to quit because too many people who played YGO then quit too. Last year I was talking with some friends who were also still interested in YGO and we decided to rebuild our old decks and play some YGO for fun. 

Then everybody loved dueling so much that we began to buy some new packs/booster&structure decks etc. and build our own decks. 

I just thought Dragons were cool then & I always had loved Light monsters, so I decided to build a Hieratic Deck.

My friends decks were Six sams, Fire Fist, Machina, Dark World, Laval and Infernities. So we had a nice pool to duel against and make some tournaments, so we could decide who was the best.

After that we searched for a local store that sells Yugioh cards, but unfortunately there wasn't any yet. Luckily there was a store who had enough space to play some Local Tournaments with price support etc. and after a while the store also began to order & sell yugioh decks & displays Very Happy

Now they are even close to becoming an official konami store and they can even hold sneak peaks D: .

The decks I currently have or want to complete are: Hieratics (2 variants), Constellar & Bujin. (All Light decks Smile ) With Hieratics being my fav. deck. 

My friends & I (5 peoples :3 ) also have been to a YCS (the one in Bochum 2013) and since it was our first YCS, it was fantastic to see so many duelist in action. Since it was our first and we kinda had low-budget decks we were still glad to have some of us end up in the top half of that YCS (more than 1400 duelist (greatest total in EU so far that year)) and one of my friends ended X-3 (means 3 losses, won the rest), and eventually was 349th on day 1!. I ended 2 wins, 3 losses (all close duels, eventually became 1295th after 3 rounds, cause I hadnt won yet and 1025th in total, so I was a lil happy bout that) and decided to do some other Special Events with the rest of my friends, supporting the one that was still in ofc.

When playing vs top players, you can really see what certain decks are good at and how to improve your own (we had never played on YGO pro before & only on DN/our own tournaments, with a low-budget side,extra & main deck)

I have also dueled in a national one in Eindhoven, NL, where I ended 4 wins - 4 losses, still with my hieratics, but a little bit improved, and ended in the top 32 (unluckely no more matches for me) and a friend of mine ended 9th.

I'll post links of both tournaments if I can find em and I'll post the decks I used there too.

Hope you like my story and if there are any questions or comments you can always skype or PM me.

~~NeoDTK~~
Back to top Go down
DudeGuy676

Kuriboh Brown

Playing IRL? Empty
DudeGuy676

Playing IRL? Empty

YGOPro Name : DudeGuy676

DN Name : DudeGuy

Dueling Points : 100

Skill Points : 00
BT Record : 0-0
Events Count : 0 Events Won.
Playing IRL? Empty

Playing IRL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing IRL? Playing IRL? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 11:13 pm#3

Yeah I play IRL! I recently competed in my first regional in los angeles with fire fists and went 5-5 (would've been 6-4 if my dad didn't interrupt and gotten me DQd last round by the judges)

I used to just play with friends at school, and I was the best player among them, but at tournaments, I sucked. When I started getting actually competitive, I originally played chaos dragons (which won a few locals) so I decided to commit to the game more and win a few locals with 3 axis fire fists, and when the ban list hit them, lost a few locals (and went 5-5 at regionals) with 3/4 axis fire fists. I just built a prophecy deck which I am yet to use at a tournament, but I hope to redeem myself from my period of losing with 3/4 axis. Well, I might post my tournament report from LA regionals and my current prophecy deck here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playing IRL? Empty

Playing IRL? EmptyPlaying IRL? Empty

Playing IRL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing IRL? Playing IRL? Empty#4

Back to top Go down

Playing IRL?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1