YGOPro Name : RsS.YuGi

DN Name : RsS.YuGi

Dueling Points : 16.445

Skill Points : 378
BT Record : 10-0
Events Count : 10
Class: Learning Pendulums!  Empty

PostSubject: Class: Learning Pendulums! Class: Learning Pendulums!  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 1:10 pm#1

Let's Learn Pendulums!
Hello everyone, 
I've been asked to post something about this explaining pendulums and how they work. So this thread will help you know the basics and understand things.

First of all let's talk basics! I'm gonna quot the following from YGO Wikia

Wikia wrote:
Once per turn, during their Main Phase, if the turn player has a Pendulum Monster in both Pendulum Zones, that player can Pendulum Summon any number of monsters from their hand and/or any number of Pendulum Monsters from their Extra Deck with a Level between the blue Pendulum Scale of the Pendulum Monster in the left Pendulum Zone and the red Pendulum Scale of the Pendulum Monster in the right Pendulum Zone.[4] A Pendulum Summon can be negated by cards that negate Special Summons like "Solemn Warning" and "Thunder King Rai-Oh"; however, if more than 1 monster would be Pendulum Summoned at the same time, then cards like "Thunder King Rai-Oh" or "Horn of Heaven" that specify they can only be activated when exactly 1 monster would be Summoned cannot be activated.

Note that because you can only Pendulum Summon monsters with Levels between the Pendulum Scales of the Pendulum Monsters, you cannot Pendulum Summon at all if the Pendulum Scales of the two Pendulum Monsters are equal or are 1 apart (this does not prevent you from using the monsters' effects).

Class: Learning Pendulums!  Pendulum_Summon_Chart

Now to extend a bit and explain more

• A Pendulum card is a half monster half spell! They have a spell effect and a monster effect and it's applied upon how you're playing them either as a monster in the monsters zone or a spell in the Pendulum zone.
  • They are treated as monsters everywhere except when played in the Pendulum zone!
  • Pendulum Cards on the field (whether as Monsters or as Spells) will be sent to the Extra Deck instead of the Graveyard when they would be sent to the Graveyard. This includes being destroyed by battle, being used as a Synchro Material, or being Tributed. Pendulum Cards not on the field that would be sent to the Graveyard are sent to the Graveyard as normal.
  • Pendulums have Scales which is the important thing, we shouldn't care much about their level to know who they work.
  • Pendulum summoning is performed by having 2 Pendulum monsters face up on the Pendulum zones with different scales!!
  • Scales colored with Red and Blue showing on the left and right of the pendulum card.
  • The span of monster levels that can be summoned is decided upon the scale played on the filed, basically it goes with the +1 level of the blue scale and -1 level in the red one... (couldn't find a better explanation to make it reach your brainz!)

For example Scale 5 (blue) allows you to summon a level 6 to level??..... but wait! you can't pendulum without another pendulum monster with a different scale than 5, let's say it's scale is 9 (red).. that means you can special summon using the pendulum summon monsters between the level of 6 to 8! (And remember pendulum summoning can be done only once per turn)

The lower scale (blue) is considered +1 the scale number and the higher (red) is -1 the scale number.

More scale examples:
scales: 1-8 (level 2-7)
Scales: 2-7 (level 3-6)
Scales: 3-6 (level 2-5)
Scales: 4-4 ... Won't work!!!!!

Furthermore 

• A Pendulum Monster whose summon is negated is sent to the Graveyard from an unclassified location, as monsters whose summons are negated are not considered "on the field".
  • Pendulum Cards currently don't care in which Pendulum Zone the scales are located; if your left scale is 9 and your right scale is 1, you can still Pendulum Summon monsters between Levels 2 and 8.
  • If a card effect would redirect cards from being sent to the Graveyard to elsewhere instead, that effect takes precedence over the game mechanic of sending Pendulum Monsters to the Extra Deck. Macro Cosmos on the field will result in any Pendulum card on the field being banished instead of sent to the Extra Deck. Dimensional Fissure will have no effect on Pendulum cards in the Pendulum Zone, but will still banish Pendulum Cards in the Monster Zone.
  • The procedure to Pendulum Summon is considered a Summon by a rule of the game; it doesn't start a chain.

There're more information about the pendulums but for now, this's all you need to understand them and how they work. If you have any questions feel free to post them =)

(Thank you Argor42 for helping me in this)
Back to top Go down
http://www.resurrectionacademy.org

Class: Learning Pendulums!  EmptyClass: Learning Pendulums!  Empty

PostSubject: Re: Class: Learning Pendulums! Class: Learning Pendulums!  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 1:17 pm#2

Wow, this will help me with my Qliphoths for sure!
Back to top Go down
W.O.P.i.E

Kuriboh Brown

W.O.P.i.E

Custom Title : RDA's Guardian

YGOPro Name : W.O.P.i.E

Dueling Points : 250

Skill Points : 05
BT Record : 0-30
Events Count : 0 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: Class: Learning Pendulums! Class: Learning Pendulums!  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 1:25 pm#3

i think they use kaiba as reference on pendulum summon screw the rules im W.O.P.i.E
Back to top Go down
Jaaden

Kuriboh Brown

Jaaden

YGOPro Name : Jaaden

Dueling Points : 100

Skill Points : 00
BT Record : 0-0

PostSubject: Re: Class: Learning Pendulums! Class: Learning Pendulums!  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 2:27 pm#4

finally someone to explain how this shizzle works <3

Thank u senpi! ;D
Back to top Go down
MAAD

Kuriboh Brown

MAAD

YGOPro Name : MAAD

DN Name : MAADcity

Dueling Points : 100

Skill Points : 00
BT Record : 0-0

PostSubject: Re: Class: Learning Pendulums! Class: Learning Pendulums!  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 4:56 pm#5

lol are people still unaware on how to pendulum summon? Detailed and thorough post nonetheless. +1 from me.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Awesome

Slifer Red

Mr.Awesome

Custom Title : The Chaotic/ RDA's Guardian

YGOPro Name : Mr.Awesome

DN Name : Mr.Awesome45

Dueling Points : 4080

Skill Points : 87
BT Record : 6-17
Events Count : 1 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: Class: Learning Pendulums! Class: Learning Pendulums!  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 8:51 pm#6

... id ask for something more useful but at least the classes are back on.
Back to top Go down
RsS

Admin

RsS

Custom Title : Cakes Emperor

YGOPro Name : RsS.YuGi

DN Name : RsS.YuGi

Dueling Points : 16.445

Skill Points : 378
BT Record : 10-0
Events Count : 10

PostSubject: Re: Class: Learning Pendulums! Class: Learning Pendulums!  EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 2:24 am#7

Mr.Awesome wrote:
... id ask for something more useful but at least the classes are back on.

Please, by all means ask. I am looking for things to make classes about, you'd be helping me by asking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.resurrectionacademy.org
Sponsored content

Class: Learning Pendulums!  EmptyClass: Learning Pendulums!  Empty

PostSubject: Re: Class: Learning Pendulums! Class: Learning Pendulums!  Empty#8

Back to top Go down

Class: Learning Pendulums!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1