YGOPro Name : RsS.YuGi

DN Name : RsS.YuGi

Dueling Points : 16.445

Skill Points : 378
BT Record : 10-0
Events Count : 10
Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Empty

PostSubject: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:33 pm#1

Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) SxpMqEY

Events Ideas 
(Suggestions Box)

Do you have an event idea you'd like to share?
Do you have ideas on how to improve any of the current events?

This thread here is for you to post your thoughts and ideas of events, try to give some explanations on things and RDA staff will do their best to host your event idea (with credit given to you) if your idea is applicable and fitting. 

Last edited by RsS on Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.resurrectionacademy.org
XxOZxX

Admin

XxOZxX

Custom Title : Lightning Lord

YGOPro Name : XxOZxX

DN Name : XxOZxX

Dueling Points : 15.495

Skill Points : 171
BT Record : 1-0
Events Count : 4 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 2:19 am#2

Let's start.

Duel Tower(or name it whatever):
I suggest it as an event to promote an Obelisk to HoraKhty to add more challenge & fun & also originality ; the tower will have many floors & the difficulty increases with each floor , on each floor its either a duel vs a teacher/ruling questions/puzzle/deckbuilding test etc.. & the event will have a fee to join it or maybe also a limitation (for example: 1player can do the Duel Tower per week) & thats it for the moment.

The Eternal Duelist Soul(or name it whatever):
I suggest a rework of the NewSeries event thats stoped  , so a long term event(maybe with seasons) or a role play game that is simulating the irl yugioh or the videogames(like tag force series & world championship series etc..) with Boosters & packs , a special currency or just the DPs , a rewarding system ,it own tours & events etc... .

Elite PvPers(or name it whatever) :
I suggest it as an equivalent to arena but its a bit different ; it'll have an Elo rating system with a ranking list & also 3 queue format : meta decks/competitive decks/fun & low tier decks , you can also add some divisions to the ranking like bronze/silver/gold and make a rewarding system around them.

Hunting Arena(or name it whatever) :
I suggest making an arena around the dueling system of the Hunting Tour , maybe it'll got the attention of members & it'll be more active than the BA & UA .

That's all for the moment ; hope it'll help & you're free to work on those ideas & make your own version of them & you know ideas bring another ideas Razz .

Last edited by XxOZxX on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master Marcus

Marcus Rank

Master Marcus

Custom Title : King Of Chaos

YGOPro Name : Master Marcus

DN Name : redshadowknight21

Dueling Points : 3445

Skill Points : 50
BT Record : 0-1
Events Count : 1 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 2:37 am#3

Well First I'm going to reply about the Duel Tower idea i'll need more time to think about the others. 

First things first. Horakty are for the duelists that are godlike and true pros at the game. Its not something they could just win a game into. Though if we were to do this idea the things would be extremely hard. Virtually impossible to win in. Though I like the originality of the idea. So the event is possible but it would need a lot of work and a lot more obelisks. 

That is the other problem. We don't have enough obelisks to really even run the game we have about 15 obelisks and only 6 are even active. So to even think about starting this event we would have to increase the obelisk count which people seem not to be getting into. 

Its a decent idea but it has too many conspiring variables at the moment that wouldnt work.
Back to top Go down
XxOZxX

Admin

XxOZxX

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 11:37 am#4

Master Marcus wrote:
First things first. Horakty are for the duelists that are godlike and true pros at the game . Its not something they could just win a game into. Though if we were to do this idea the things would be extremely hard. Virtually impossible to win in. Though I like the originality of the idea. So the event is possible but it would need a lot of work and a lot more obelisks.
Yes with that only godlike duelists will be able to join Horakhty ; thats the point of the event, for difficulty level we don't want people make Horakhty from first try; you & the other teachers control it with the type of challenge that you'll give each time but as you said it need a lot of work .

Master Marcus wrote:
That is the other problem. We don't have enough obelisks to really even run the game we have about 15 obelisks and only 6 are even active. So to even think about starting this event we would have to increase the obelisk count which people seem not to be getting into.
The event can run even with 1 Obeslisk ; because only 1 Obelisk member  can do it at time & as i said you can add a limitation to it e.g: 1 member can pass it per week , so the event doesn't really need a big amount of obelisks .

Anyway ; its just the general idea of it ,the staff can work on it & develop it to make it working good here.
Back to top Go down
NeoDTK

Teacher

NeoDTK

Custom Title : RDA's Crown Holder

YGOPro Name : DoomTemplar/Kaito

Dueling Points : 8760

Skill Points : 316
BT Record : 15-1
Events Count : 12

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 12:41 pm#5

What about the members that are already Horakhty? Do they get reset to Obelisk?

Like the idea though
Back to top Go down
XxOZxX

Admin

XxOZxX

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 1:24 pm#6

Lol Neo , they'll think about that later when the event is made.
Back to top Go down
RsS

Admin

RsS

Custom Title : Cakes Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 3:49 pm#7

I like all the ideas, and I'll work on some of them with Event Organizers and Assistants soon, my hope that you one day agree on joining us in staff and help us doing them yourself Wink.
Back to top Go down
XxOZxX

Admin

XxOZxX

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:47 pm#8

RsS.YuGi wrote:
I like all the ideas, and I'll work on some of them with Event Organizers and Assistants soon.
Nice Very Happy .
RsS.YuGi wrote:
my hope that you one day agree on joining us in staff and help us doing them yourself Wink.
You wish .. rabbit .
Back to top Go down
Unees

Kuriboh Brown

Unees

YGOPro Name : Unees

DN Name : N/A

Dueling Points : 100

Skill Points : 00
BT Record : 0-0
Events Count : 0 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 1:29 am#9

XxOZxX wrote:
Let's start.

Duel Tower(or name it whatever):
I suggest it as an event to promote an Obelisk to HoraKhty to add more challenge & fun & also originality ; the tower will have many floors & the difficulty increases with each floor , on each floor its either a duel vs a teacher/ruling questions/puzzle/deckbuilding test etc.. & the event will have a fee to join it or maybe also a limitation (for example: 1player can do the Duel Tower per week) & thats it for the moment.

The Eternal Duelist Soul(or name it whatever):
I suggest a rework of the NewSeries event thats stoped  , so a long term event(maybe with seasons) or a role play game that is simulating the irl yugioh or the videogames(like tag force series & world championship series etc..) with Boosters & packs , a special currency or just the DPs , a rewarding system ,it own tours & events etc... .

Elite PvPers(or name it whatever) :
I suggest it as an equivalent to arena but its a bit different ; it'll have an Elo rating system with a ranking list & also 3 queue format : meta decks/competitive decks/fun & low tier decks , you can also add some divisions to the ranking like bronze/silver/gold and make a rewarding system around them.

Hunting Arena(or name it whatever) :
I suggest making an arena around the dueling system of the Hunting Tour , maybe it'll got the attention of members & it'll be more active than the BA & UA .

That's all for the moment ; hope it'll help & you're free to work on those ideas & make your own version of them & you know ideas bring another ideas Razz .
pretty fucking good awesome ideas
Cool
Back to top Go down
Tensa

Kuriboh Brown

Tensa

YGOPro Name : CrimsonEff3ct

Dueling Points : 911

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:01 pm#10

YGO Comical Vid Competition:

Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Rsz_vid_comp_zps254c7e0b

Comical vid was a competition i did on NOA about a year ago here is it's rules:

Rules:

1. Max 2 replays per person  
2. DN users must post a video link r a video file from their screenrecorder.
3. Must be your duels {If videos r found not 2 be yours you will b disqualified from the tournament & will not b allowed to enter another YGO Comical vid competition.

Prizes:

1st place: Will receive a user bar achievement & 250dp.
2nd place: Will receive 150dp
3th place:Will receive 75dp

When the timer ends all replays will b upload 2 YouTube & then we will have a poll vote 4 best vid.

think you guys should come up with your own version of this since it will get you a lot of youtube videos in one go.
Back to top Go down
RsS

Admin

RsS

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 12:36 am#11

Tensa wrote:

Rules:

3. Must be your duels {If videos r found not 2 be yours you will b disqualified from the tournament & will not b allowed to enter another YGO Comical vid competition.

Prizes:

When the timer ends all replays will b upload 2 YouTube & then we will have a poll vote 4 best vid.

think you guys should come up with your own version of this since it will get you a lot of youtube videos in one go.

I didn't understand the idea at first, but now I think I do. So basically a best replay contest with replays (ydk) posted by members who'd like to join, then you turn them into a video and upload to youtube, a thread of the contest is made and voting applies. Did I get it right?

Thanks for the suggestion Tensa, give me feedback if I understood things right =)
Back to top Go down
Tensa

Kuriboh Brown

Tensa

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 2:49 am#12

Yes that's how it works RsS
Back to top Go down
Raven Zecrow

Kuriboh Brown

Raven Zecrow

YGOPro Name : Raven Zecrow

DN Name : TheBlackDuelist

Dueling Points : 6255

Skill Points : 157
BT Record : 12-0

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:15 am#13

Epic Rap Battles of Yu-Gi-Oh 

• It's an Game that I used to do back at one of my old Academies. Someone one start off by rapping about Yugioh and then calling someone out on the site, then that person (or someone else) could respond and rap back at them.
  • The catch is that the rap has to relate to Yugioh and the person has to use Yugioh terms in their rap. 
  • It would go on like this for a week until the thread was closed and then there would be a voting on who had the best punch lines and stuff. 
  • As for rewards, the matter of DP would be decided by the Admin, aka RsS. 

What do you all think? 
@RsS  
Back to top Go down
Master Marcus

Marcus Rank

Master Marcus

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 4:57 pm#14

ehh...................no

Back to top Go down
RsS

Admin

RsS

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:36 pm#15

Raven Zecrow wrote:

• It's an Game that I used to do back at one of my old Academies. Someone one start off by rapping about Yugioh and then calling someone out on the site, then that person (or someone else) could respond and rap back at them.
  • The catch is that the rap has to relate to Yugioh and the person has to use Yugioh terms in their rap. 
  • It would go on like this for a week until the thread was closed and then there would be a voting on who had the best punch lines and stuff. 

What do you all think? 
@RsS  

The game idea is nice and might have lotsa interests of people but the voting idea itself is what I don't see very workable xD 
Give me feedback ;o
Back to top Go down
Tensa

Kuriboh Brown

Tensa

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:17 pm#16

Rap Battles was Something PRA did some of you guys may remember it but they rapped about anything & if i remember right it went like someone would call someone out usually on the chatbox then a thread was opened & each person would post a rap line one after the other each person had like 30 mins to reply to a rap line if they didn't they would lose can't remember it all but it was something like that.
Back to top Go down
Raven Zecrow

Kuriboh Brown

Raven Zecrow

YGOPro Name : Raven Zecrow

DN Name : TheBlackDuelist

Dueling Points : 6255

Skill Points : 157
BT Record : 12-0

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:01 pm#17

Master Marcus wrote:
ehh...................no

Hey thanks for the insightful feed back lol. 

Quote :
Quote :

What do you all think? 
@RsS  

The game idea is nice and might have lotsa interests of people but the voting idea itself is what I don't see very workable xD 
Give me feedback ;o
I see, well it was just something I remembered doing back at my old academy and it was pretty popular there so I thought why not. 

Is there any workable solution for this?
Back to top Go down
paladin13

Slifer Red

paladin13

Custom Title : The Best

YGOPro Name : paladin14

Dueling Points : 1450

Skill Points : 53
BT Record : 4-31
Events Count : 2

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 2:29 pm#18

hello guys
i suggest we do a tag team big event 
number of teams: 8
the event will be a 2 groups 
each group contains 4 teams 
the event will be home and away fixtures 
that means each team will have to face the 3 other teams 2 times
                 NOTE : i wish u announce the event soon
Back to top Go down
Master Marcus

Marcus Rank

Master Marcus

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 11:07 pm#19

ummm....its not a terrible idea but not enough actives e.e sooo.....yea
Back to top Go down
RsS

Admin

RsS

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 1:04 am#20

paladin13 wrote:
hello guys
i suggest we do a tag team big event 
number of teams: 8
the event will be a 2 groups 
each group contains 4 teams 
the event will be home and away fixtures 
that means each team will have to face the 3 other teams 2 times
                 NOTE : i wish u announce the event soon

We have the idea since RDA's start, we never applied it due to many issues that we tried to work on, What Oz came up with is somewhat of along terms event with no decided teammates per team with items and etc, but we never finished it :/ 

Thanks for the suggestion, we might rework on things.
Back to top Go down
Tensa

Kuriboh Brown

Tensa

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyFri May 08, 2015 8:37 pm#21

A tournament where you can only win your duel by victory conditions like Exodia & Final countdown etc you can't win by reducing your opponents Life Points to 0 & banned cards are allowed to be played i was also thinking that i could put all the duels on youtube & then we can have a vote on duel of the tournament nt sure what type of tournament would be best maybe double elimination.
Back to top Go down
Master Marcus

Marcus Rank

Master Marcus

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:15 pm#22

sooo yea ....isnt it kinda boring to play exodia for a whole tournament

like if we did this id be like ban exodia and final countdown

those are so easy and not even fun

Destiny board is good and horakty decks o.o op xD
Back to top Go down
Airam Masters

Kuriboh Brown

Airam Masters

YGOPro Name : Airam Masters

DN Name : mariamasters

Dueling Points : 1525

Skill Points : 63
BT Record : 1-3
Events Count : 2 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:59 am#23

Tensa wrote:

Rules:

Prizes:

would i get points for doing it in a 3d video lol

i'd love a destiny board event...and i'd love to face MA again Wink
Back to top Go down
Tensa

Kuriboh Brown

Tensa

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptySun May 17, 2015 11:10 pm#24

Quickfire yup another one of my NOA events lol anyway since the actively on the forum atm is nt great the events you can hold with few members will be used most & quickfire doesn't need much people to host it so if you guys want to use it you can here is the rules:

Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) 299bx3

::RULES::
Anyone can join.
All duel are single.
Any decks may be used in this Tourney (can also be meta one event & non-meta the next
The person with the most wins
when the timer ends is the winner.
1 hour long event.
::PRIZES::
The winner of each event will receive 100 DP.
Anyone who wins an event for the first time will receive an achievement.
Anyone who wins 2 events back-to-back will receive an achievement along with 100 DP extra.
Anyone who wins 3 events back-to-back will receive an achievement along with 125 DP extra.
Anyone who wins 4 events back-to-back will receive an achievement along with 150 DP extra.
Anyone who wins 2 events (not back-to-back) will receive an achievement along with 50 DP extra.
Anyone who wins 3 events (not back-to-back) will receive an achievement along with 50 DP extra.
Anyone who wins 4 events (not back-to-back) will receive an achievement along with 50 DP extra.
::ACHIEVEMENTS::
Win your first event: First Kill achievement
Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) FirstBLOOD
Win 2 events overall: Double Kill achievement
Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) DoubleKillr
Win 3 events overall: Triple Kill achievement
Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) TripleKill

Win 4 events overall: Wanted achievement
Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Wanted

Win 2 events back-to-back: Senshi achievement
Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Hbanners3_zps9cf4ba15

Win 3 events back-to-back: Unstoppable achievement
Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Hbanner1copy_zps9a753779

Win 4 events back-to-back: King Of Games achievement
Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Hbanner22_zps8229f668

Replays are not needed you just post your win & score during the event or when the timer ends also usually the people who won quickfire did so by dueling different people at the same time so is fun even more fun with more people.

if you want to see how it works:
http://www.neworderacademy.org/t182-quickfire-tournament-3
Back to top Go down
RsS

Admin

RsS

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 4:01 pm#25

Good idea Tensa.. It won't take long til I revive things, mostly at the start of the new month!!!
So by then, we could figure out how to have this on RDA officially. 
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) EmptyEvents Ideas (Suggestions Box) Empty

PostSubject: Re: Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Events Ideas (Suggestions Box) Empty#26

Back to top Go down

Events Ideas (Suggestions Box)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next