YGOPro Name : megavipersnake

DN Name : megavipersnake

Dueling Points : 100

Skill Points : 00
BT Record : 0-0
Events Count : 0 Events Won.
FanFic in the works need help Empty

PostSubject: FanFic in the works need help FanFic in the works need help EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 2:40 pm#1

I am planning to write a Yu Gi Oh fanfic that takes place in the Duel Monsters era following Yugi/Yami Yugi and Company in Duelist Kingdom and Battle city. Wetter I am still going forward or not depends how good my writing will be for a first time. I want to respect the Anime-Cannon as closely as possible even with the introduction of a OC (Actually more of them since I need to balance thing out to respect the cannon) while the Anime Cannon will be followed I will also refer to the manga if there are certain scene’s that are different to the anime and it fits for the OC more. I am even considering giving him a “Customized” Millenium (and by Customized I mean while it would make it Eight Items there are actually 7 of them) Item but I think most people will hate that even if I want to introduced it would make the 7 Items cannon not “real” and would ruin a “Certain Card”.

However there is actually a small problem and that is that there is not a clearly seperation of wich cards actually belong to that specific era, true the cards are interchangeable whover to keep true to the theme of Duel Monsters and for the rules as well I plant to use only cards that were introduced in the Duel Monsters Era (Anime or game Wise) and/or fit in the Duel Monsters Theme (for Example Ma'at) (not GX or 5DS since they take place in the future; altough I might use cards from GX since they could work like). I am actually asking for help for this because the only solution I have found was to use the video games as a baseline for the cards.

The most “recent” (in terms of the Duel Monster Era) game I could find was Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour since this was produced in 2005 and followed the Battle City arc (with a modified Story arc). Not to mention the Virtual World part is it too.
Now my question to all of you is this the right thing to for this or are there cards there that will not fit into the theme? I still need to find a certain Ace Card’s and theme that goes with the Deck of the OC to make him stand out from the other main protaganists in the anime. I know there are some cards introduced there like Koala King who do not fit into the series since it was used in GX… I am kind of unsure if I would use such cards.
Now if someone else can give me A Full List of cards that belong in the Anime arc of Duel Monsters please let me know. If there are certain “Packs” in a “specific game” that contain cards that belong to those series please let me know.

Also While I am introducing a OC in my story I THINK (not sure if I am going to do this) I will use more OC’s if I need to keep the cannon in check in terms of the final match ups and to introduce some other Developments as well. Make no mistake he will face the Protagonist's/Anatagonist's (Yugi Joey and others) at one time, but I want my OC to not REPLACE any character from the anime unless that part is absolutely necessary. I thought of Replacing of Mai Valentine’s duel with Yugi Motou for example in the Duelist Kingdom finale’s but since Character is male…. I do not want to come over like a sexist by replacing a female character by a male one so that is why I might need other OC’s. You will be credited in the note’s when that character is introduced.
To keep the genders equal and since my OC is actually male, I need to have some other equal amount of female and male characters. While I can certainly write these myself, I still need to do some other research in the games and writing it out without making my OC a Marry Sue/Garry Sue. I am an AMATEUR so it would make sense it would take more Time for me to write it out.

If people want to help list cards and create other OC’s and Decks that I could use for my story me keep in mind that these are the rules of the Battle City and Duelist Kingdom.
·         Duelist Kingdom Rules:
Ø  Each player begins the Duel with 2000 Life Points.
Ø  Direct attacking the opponent is not allowed.
Ø  Only one monster is allowed to declare an attack per turn.
Ø  Players can Normal Summon any Level Monster without a Tribute.
Ø  When a monster is destroyed by a card effect, the controller of that card receives damage equal to half of that monster's ATK.
·         Battle City Rules:
Ø  Participants must have a ranking of at least five out of eight stars (manga) or level four out of five (anime) to receive a free Duel Disk, which is required to participate.
Ø  Players must play with a Deck of at least forty cards.
Ø  Players begin with 4000 Life Points.
Ø  Players can only have up to 6 cards in his or her hand unless the card "Infinite Cards" is in play on his/her side of the field.
Ø  One Normal Summon is allowed per player per turn. Monsters can be Summoned in face-up Attack Position, face-up Defense Position or face-down Defense Position.
Ø  Level 4 or below monsters can be Summoned during a Normal Summon.
Ø  Level 5-6 monsters needed one Tribute in order to Normal Summon.
Ø  Level 7-9 monsters required two Tributes to Normal Summon.
Ø  Level 10+ monsters required three Tributes to normal summon (e.g "The Winged Dragon of Ra", Level 10).
Ø  When a Fusion Monster is Tributed, that monster is counted as a number of monsters equal to the number of Fusion Material Monsters that were used.
Ø  Fusion Monsters must wait one turn after they are Summoned before they can attack, though the "Quick Attack" card can be used to circumvent this.
Ø  If an opponent had no monsters in play, the Turn Player is free to attack his/her Life Points directly, reducing their total by the monster's ATK value.
Ø  Each player must ante at least their rarest card and a minimum of one Locator Card in their possession. The winner of the duel obtains their opponent's ante'd rarest card and Locator Card as wagered.
Ø  The contents of either player's Graveyards are not open knowledge, and an opponent may not look through their opponent's Graveyard.
Ø  If you have to discard cards from your hand or Deck, you do not have to show them to your opponent.
Ø  You must stick to the tournament's list of forbidden and limited cards. Cards that inflict Effect Damage to the opponent's Life Points, such as "Hinotama" and "Meteor of Destruction", were forbidden.[5] Only one copy of "Monster Reborn" could be included in one's Deck.
Ø  Certain cards that enabled players to Special Summon monster(s) can affect both sides of the field ("Dark Magic Curtain" and "The Flute of Summoning Dragon", for example).
Ø  Players were not allowed to use two or more Magic Cards of the same name that increase a card's ATK points within the same turn.
Ø  In the manga, the opponent can activate a card or card effect before the Turn Player draws a card.
Ø  If a monster is offered as a Tribute by the effect of another card while being attacked by an opponent's monster, the enemy's attack is negated. The Japanese version of the anime calls this rule, "Sacrifice Escape".
Ø  Replays are not an established mechanic. If a monster is played during the battle phase the attack is intercepted by that monster if their field is empty.
Ø  Players can set Field Spell Cards in their Spell & Trap Card Zones but when they activate them, they get moved to the Field Card Zone.
Ø  Players could activate cards before a player makes a specific move. "Time Seal", for instance, could be activated before the opponent drew a card.
Ø  Some cards had the reverse display instructions the OCG/TCG has. During Battle City, "Lightforce Sword" revealed the card it removed from play.
Ø  Field Spell Cards can be activated during the Battle Phase.
Ø  A non-Quick Play Spell Card can be activated during the Battle Phase.
Ø  A non-Quick Play Spell Card can be activated during your opponent's turn if it was set.
Ø  Any card that a player uses will be sent to their Graveyard after they are resolved, Tributed, sent to the Graveyard, or destroyed even if the player was not the owner of that card.
Ø  When a Spell or Trap is destroyed by a card effect, it is negated even if the card that destroyed the Spell/Trap doesn't negate its effects.
Ø  A monster that becomes an Equip Card is treated as both a monster and an Equip Card.
Ø  Effects that require the player and the opponent to have cards in their hand can be activated even if one of the players has no cards in their hand.
Back to top Go down
LoudFist

Events Organizer

LoudFist

Custom Title : blank

YGOPro Name : LoudFist

DN Name : LoudFist

Dueling Points : 4665

Skill Points : 398
BT Record : 52-59
Events Count : 5 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: FanFic in the works need help FanFic in the works need help EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 12:31 am#2

My advice would be to create cards that represent the personality of your original character. 
Like how jaden's energitic character fits with the Elemental hero monsters which are generally aggressive and focus on destroying and inflicting damage. 
Another example is Yuto in Arc-V. He is all about style so his cards focus alot on atk/def manipulation and monsters that fit into the entertainment dueling.
Back to top Go down
megavipersnake

Kuriboh Brown

megavipersnake

YGOPro Name : megavipersnake

DN Name : megavipersnake

Dueling Points : 100

Skill Points : 00
BT Record : 0-0
Events Count : 0 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: FanFic in the works need help FanFic in the works need help EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 10:00 am#3

By creating cards do you also mean creating Custom Cards? If that is the case then I create some custom cards combined with some staple card. As for his personality he is loyal and kind of a strategist not really one to take risks, tough he keeps his emotions in. Wether sadness, anger or grief, tough as A duelist he I had in mind he was a more of agressive strategist, he waits his time then attacks when he sees a chance. But I do not think that fits well, he is a strategist so I was thinking about having attacking as a last resort while destorying monster by use of Effects creating a opening

I was thinking about a engineer machine type deck but we already have one such Character named Bandith Keith and removing him from the fanfic creates some hole's in the cannon. I took a long hiatus from Yu Gi Oh So I gues I am kind out of the loop.

One Card I will give is Tactical Espionage Expert but that is all I can say for now, not only because I love Metal Gear Solid but for a certain "Scene" (You can figure this out for yourself).

One thing he has hard time to believe in just faith and destiny and does not really believe because he believes a person makes his own path....Which will be kind of ironic in some way.
Back to top Go down
LoudFist

Events Organizer

LoudFist

Custom Title : blank

YGOPro Name : LoudFist

DN Name : LoudFist

Dueling Points : 4665

Skill Points : 398
BT Record : 52-59
Events Count : 5 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: FanFic in the works need help FanFic in the works need help EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 5:39 am#4

This reminds me of Akaba Raiji of Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-v! His cards needs a lot of strategic thinking and anticipating what's going to happen in the duel. Which is because his cards involves a lot of 1000 LP costs that would cost him the duel if not played strategically.

Here's an AMV of one of my favortite duels of his that might give you some insight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0C-ConfNJI&feature=player_detailpage#t=53
The whole duel is nuts, I recommend watching arc-v if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FanFic in the works need help EmptyFanFic in the works need help Empty

PostSubject: Re: FanFic in the works need help FanFic in the works need help Empty#5

Back to top Go down

FanFic in the works need help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Resurrection Duel Academy :: Entertainment Center :: General Off Topic & Others :: Fan-Fic-