YGOPro Name : Thanako

DN Name : Thanako

Dueling Points : 520

Skill Points : 00
BT Record : 0-0
Events Count : -1 Events Won.
The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP Empty

PostSubject: The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:44 pm#1

THIS IS NOT DONE BUT IT IS FABULOUS.

Madolche (pronounced Mah-DOL-chay) are a pretty sweet (literally) archetype. I was actually requested on this one, so I'll go all out. First of all, Madolche decks focus on trying to keep the clutter out of the grave, and actually greatly benefit from removal of the monsters currently int heir grave. When the monsters are destroyed, the return to the deck... Or the hand but that comes later. The deck ranges from easy to use to outright absurd, depending on how you want to play. The monsters are mainly based on desserts, though it's all for all mostly an Italian and French influenced archetype.

Madolche Mewfeuille
EARTH Beast / Effect
LV3 500/300
When this card you control is destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into your Deck. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Madolche" monster from your hand.
I've loved this card since the start. This card can really get your plays going with some of the newer support. Run 2, in most cases. This card can be dead, but it can also end games.

(Mille-feuille is delicious, but don't eat too much.)

Madolche Baaple
EARTH Beast / Effect
LV3 0/1800
When this card you control is destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into your Deck. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Attack Position "Madolche" monster you control and 1 face-up Attack Position monster your opponent controls, if both monsters are still on the field; change them to face-up Defense Position, and if you do, the cards changed by this card effect cannot have their battle positions changed until the end of your opponent's next turn.
Baaple is a good side card I guess. Essentially a themed Tsukuyomi. At most I'd main 1.

(I think this is a pun on apple, but it's a pun on maple with the Japanese name. Any sense of humor is definitely lost in translation.)

Madolche Cruffssant
EARTH Beast / Effect
LV3 1500/1200
When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent’s card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into the Deck. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up "Madolche" card you control, except this card; Return it to your hand, and if you do, increase this card's Level by 1 and ATK by 300
Kind of a bad card, honestly. No real reason to use it, it's a dead draw unless you have a S/T support on the field. Run 1 at most.

(Croissant. Pun is lost in translation, once more.)

Madolche Hootcake
EARTH Beast / Effect
LV3 1500/1100
When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent’s card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into the Deck. You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard; banish it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Madolche" monster from your Deck, except "Madolche Hootcake". You can only use this effect of “
Madolche Hootcake” once per turn.
Some swear by 3. I'd run 2. Yeah it's a good card, but it can be dead. 2 is honestly a perfect number, and that it can banish anything makes it extremely viable. Tech in those X-Sabers! If you have the field out, it's a 2k beater. Not too shabby.

(Hotcakes? It's an okay pun I guess.)

Madolche Chickolates
EARTH Beast/Effect
LV3 800/1500
When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into the Deck. Once per turn, when the battle position of a "Madolche" monster(s) you control is changed (and is now face-up), while this card is face-up on the field (except during the Damage Step): You can target 1 monster on the field; change it to face-up Defense Position, and if you do, unless it is a "Madolche" monster, it cannot attack, also its effects are negated.
I can't justify why this exists. Painfully slow. Run 0.

(Chocolate. That's the pun. They got lazy with this one.)

Madolche Magileine
EARTH Spellcaster / Effect
LV4 1400/1200
When this card you control is destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into your Deck. When this card is Normal or Flip Summoned: You can add 1 "Madolche" monster from your Deck to the hand.
Run 3. You have your own E-HERO Stratos and that's banned in the TCG. No excuses.

(I am quite fond of madeleine. One of the coolest cards has a pun I don't get, though.)

Madolche Butlerusk
LV4 1500/800
When this card you control is destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into your Deck. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. There must be another face-up "Madolche" monster on the field to activate and resolve this effect.
I guess if you're teching a Clear World you can do some cool stuff. This card isn't very specific. A themed terraforming is cool, but usually they can just be discarded. I'd tech 1, it's still a good card. It's just struggling to keep a spot in the deck.

(Rusk is a dessert too. And he's a butler. This is going to be a long day.)

Madolche Chouxvalier
EARTH Warrior / Effect
LV4 1700/1300
When this card you control is destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into your Deck. Your opponent cannot target other face-up "Madolche" monsters you control for attacks, except "Madolche Chouxvalier".
Works with an outdated loop. Doesn't do too much. Isn't even the best beater anymore. Run 0.

(I don't even...)

Madolche Messengelato
EARTH Warrior / Effect
LV4 1600/1000
When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent’s card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into the Deck. When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Madolche" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You must control a face-up “Madolche” Beast-Type monster to activate and to resolve this effect.
Overrated card. A lot of people run 3, but it's honestly overkill. Don't go out of your way to make this play unless you're playing in the TCG format with less S/T removal. Protip: run 2.

(Gelato is Italian. This guy must be a foreigner.)

Madolche Marmalmaide
LV4 800/2000
When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent’s card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into the Deck. When this card is flipped face-up: you can target 1 "Madolche" Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.
I'd run 1, unless you're doing the loop.

(Marmalade is okay I guess. A solid pun.)

Madolche Puddingcess
EARTH Fairy / Effect
LV5 1000/1000
When this card you control is destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into your Deck. While you have no monsters in your Graveyard, this card gains 800 ATK and DEF. After damage calculation, when this card battles an opponent's monster: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target.
Best card in the deck, easily. It's just 1 level too high. Madolche have their own Gusto Griffin, in the sense that a deck based around her can be pretty lethal. There's an obscure loop regarding Lesson in which you can get Puddingcess to about 30k attack. Pretty potent, but highly situational. I'd run 1 in every deck, regardless.

(Pudding.)

Madolche Queen Tiaramisu
EARTH Fairy / Xyz
RANK4 2200/2100
2 Level 4 "Madolche" monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target up to 2 "Madolche" cards in your Graveyard; shuffle those cards into the Deck, then shuffle cards your opponent controls into the Deck, up to the number of “Madolche” cards returned.
Recyclable. Run 2.

(Tiramisu. And she wears a tiara.)
.)

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited by Thanako on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP EmptyThe Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP Empty

PostSubject: Re: The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:45 pm#2

Nice first part Very Happy Btw is there a coffee madolche?
Back to top Go down
RsS

Admin

RsS

Custom Title : Cakes Emperor

YGOPro Name : RsS.YuGi

DN Name : RsS.YuGi

Dueling Points : 16.445

Skill Points : 378
BT Record : 10-0
Events Count : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 1:00 am#3

This is really awesome thread xD
I enjoyed reading it a LOT, and I really thank you for making it since I was the one requesting it Wink lol

Pretty much in love with madolche, and I disagree with Messengelato at 2 only, it's x3 must since you'll need it a LOT cuz you'll also need it to ss via the Invoker! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.resurrectionacademy.org
LoudFist

Events Organizer

LoudFist

Custom Title : blank

YGOPro Name : LoudFist

DN Name : LoudFist

Dueling Points : 4665

Skill Points : 398
BT Record : 52-59
Events Count : 5 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 1:34 am#4

I am quite the fan of those delicious cards, they are quite adorable, elegant and powerful too.
Back to top Go down
NewW

Slifer Red

NewW

YGOPro Name : NewW

DN Name : WingsOW

Dueling Points : 4020

Skill Points : 208
BT Record : 26-8

PostSubject: Re: The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 7:08 am#5

photo obp7l_zps66db60b7.jpg
Back to top Go down
LoudFist

Events Organizer

LoudFist

Custom Title : blank

YGOPro Name : LoudFist

DN Name : LoudFist

Dueling Points : 4665

Skill Points : 398
BT Record : 52-59

PostSubject: Re: The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 7:43 pm#6

The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP Tumblr_m6seilxNJE1r64nhlo1_500
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP EmptyThe Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP Empty

PostSubject: Re: The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP Empty#7

Back to top Go down

The Madolche Archetype - Analysis WIP

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1