Resurrection Duel Academy
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] SIjvTNq
Resurrection Duel Academy
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] SIjvTNq

Yu-Gi-Oh! - Dueling - Fun - Competition - Tours - Games - Chat

HomeRDA's PortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Thanako

Teacher

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Empty
Thanako

YGOPro Name : Thanako

DN Name : Thanako

Dueling Points : 520

Skill Points : 00
BT Record : 0-0
Events Count : -1 Events Won.

PostSubject: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:15 pm#1

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] 300px-BlackLusterSoldierEnvoyoftheTwilight-VE09-JP-OP

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having an equal number of LIGHT and DARK monsters in your Graveyard and banishing all monsters of 1 of those Attributes from your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While face-up on the field, this card is also LIGHT-Attribute. When this card is Special Summoned: You can activate 1 of these effects, depending on the Attribute of the monster(s) banished for its Special Summon. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn you activate this effect. ● LIGHT: Banish 1 monster on the field, face-up. ● DARK: Banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand, face-down, until your opponent's End Phase.

Why does it matter?

●This card is a new card that was decided from a fan-poll, beating out other cards such as Lava Golem.
● It's a strategic tech card with multiple effects.
● Great for feeding Chaos Zone with massive banishing.
● Can run more than one copy.
● Lots of ways to work with this card, and the new Gaia's to potentially summon multiple copies per turn.
● Skipping the Battle Phase can be a good thing, depending on your cards, but the effect is optional.

It goes without saying that this card is nowhere near the level of the other infamously limited Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning. Now do note that just because this card exists at all, that does not mean BLS will be banned. Oh, that would defeat the purpose of it having been selected from a poll that was littered with other cards that weren't on the list. But more-so than just this one card, there are other cards that accompany it to make the odd effects a lot better, such as Chaotic Seed, which works when it is the only card on the field, by the way. Though the most notable card would have to be Exchanging First Light and Twilight, which can let you discard one copy  to the Graveyard to exchange it for the more easily summoned Envoy of the Beginning. Running it with Gaia, Knight of Polar Nights and Gaia, Knight of White Nights can very greatly adjust your both your Graveyard, and banished zones. Necroface clearly would be a staple, though. I greatly advocate its use to help.

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] 2ibcdqx

Now I wouldn't say it's the best card ever, it is anything but that. The summoning condition can be very difficult. Though, another tip is to run it with a card like Pot of Duplicity, since the Battle Phase is as good as skipped if you want to use the effect anyway. It has the plus of being able to attack once summoned, should you choose to not use the effect at all. Moreover, with the proper mindset, and a few good choices, you can make almost anything work, and work well. So try and open your mind a little more the next time you look at a card and judge it harshly. Especially when said card is getting quite a bit of support.

Final Verdict: 7.5/10

Last edited by Thanako on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LoudFist

Events Organizer

LoudFist

Custom Title : blank

YGOPro Name : LoudFist

DN Name : LoudFist

Dueling Points : 4665

Skill Points : 398
BT Record : 52-59
Events Count : 5 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:50 pm#2

6/10.

Given his summoning condition it only works with decks that has balance between Dark and Light monsters, like Vayusworns or chaos dragons. And even while using such decks summoning him is still fairly hard to do and his effects aren't worth the trouble specially with the current metagame.
Banish one monster or 1 random card in opp hand but can't conduct battle phase? almost useless with todays E-dragons, mermails and spellbooks which one turn is pretty much all they need to make a comeback and swarm the field or even taking your hard earned luster soldier. And for that with the current game state this card will not work competitively, fun sure but when you aim to win this card wouldn't be a good bet.

hence my 6/10 verdict.
Back to top Go down
Thanako

Teacher

Thanako

PostSubject: Re: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:00 pm#3

I'm going to assume that the banlist will be slowing down the meta quite a bit. That point will hopefully not be as valid at the end of the month, hmm? Also with all of the support, there is enough to make a deck about the card itself. Perhaps I should show my deck, that I'm using with it? If it's safe to assume that Konami doesn't do too shabby with their banlist, I'm pretty sure this could be a deck that could be used in at very least on the rated section and win more than it loses. But it's safe to bet that Konami wants to bring chaos back, at very least a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Samus

Kuriboh Brown

Samus

YGOPro Name : Samus

Dueling Points : 100

Events Count : 0 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:02 pm#4

Don't forget the effect is mandatory. But even then I'd rate it 4/10.
Back to top Go down
LoudFist

Events Organizer

LoudFist

PostSubject: Re: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:08 pm#5

If the banlist works for this card's favour, i too think this card would be competitive but only as a banishing shovel for chais zone and a 3000 beatstick. That being said i'd love to see your deck if the offer is solid cat 
Back to top Go down
Thanako

Teacher

Thanako

PostSubject: Re: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:30 pm#6

The effect is not mandatory, actually. Notice the: "When this card is Special Summoned: You [b style="font-weight: bold;"]can[/b]..."  Clearly it's not designed to be a broken card, but that's the charm of it, no? Hopefully Konami is learning how to keep the game balanced finally. It's spawned what's essentially the start of a chaos archetype.

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Ngaxrm

As far as the deck I'm testing goes, it's still very much early in testing, but it's done surprisingly good already. There's still many cards I'll swap in, and continue to test with. I need to tinker it a whole lot, obviously, but overall I could see myself using the finished product, assuming the banlist doesn't touch anything I'm interested in. It should very well be monster heavy, though. By the time this is posted, I've already added in a second Maxx "C"
Back to top Go down
LoudFist

Events Organizer

LoudFist

PostSubject: Re: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:13 am#7

I'll try it and see for myself later today, I want to try it on chaos zone deck and see how it will work.

Edit:
Didn't work as expected with my chaos zone attempt , it was difficult to change the number of one attribute in the grave without altering the other :\
I then tried mixing it with vayusworns, it worked better there as i can decrease the number of dark monster without altering the light number.
anyways i haven't been able to confirm it's competitivity with the meta since i kept getting dced when going multiplayer, but I can see it does has potential If more support follow.
Back to top Go down

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] EmptyBlack Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Empty

PostSubject: Re: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:24 pm#8

Do you think a BLS birdman would be viable?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] EmptyBlack Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Empty

PostSubject: Re: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta] Empty#9

Back to top Go down

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight Analysis and Tips [Non-Meta]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1