Resurrection Duel Academy
RDA is back :D  SIjvTNq
Resurrection Duel Academy
RDA is back :D  SIjvTNq

Yu-Gi-Oh! - Dueling - Fun - Competition - Tours - Games - Chat

HomeRDA's PortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RDA is back :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should RDA add DevPro along aside the other platforms?
Yes.
RDA is back :D  VGpRxeH63%RDA is back :D  1EYC9UI
 63% [ 44 ]
No.
RDA is back :D  VGpRxeH37%RDA is back :D  1EYC9UI
 37% [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 70

AuthorMessage
RsS

Admin

RDA is back :D  Empty
RsS

Custom Title : Cakes Emperor

YGOPro Name : RsS.YuGi

DN Name : RsS.YuGi

Dueling Points : 16.445

Skill Points : 378
BT Record : 10-0
Events Count : 10

PostSubject: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:59 pm#1

RDA's Resurrection!

Hello RDA,

It's been a while with our current inactivity in the site with staff and I being busy with exams and real life issues to deal with, but now I'm back to carry on what I've started.

My goals in RDA are still the same ever since I created it, I don't seek ranks, I don't seek positions..  and I'm not getting anything out of this forum except the fun I'm trying to present to all members and that is my main goal and RDA's goal presenting fun at all costs!!

I'd also like to reassure you all that any suggestion is welcomed you can suggest anything by posting it, PMing it or discussing it directly with me, and do not hesitated asking to become a staff if you think you can offer RDA anything even if a small part, your help is needed. You can check the Staff Application

There has been few things removed from being official and have been canceled like Marina's Fan Club and the Golden Tower. (all Golden Horakhty will be back to their dorm)
As for the Elo Tower, I'm not sure about it, but it'll stay for now.

NOTE: Please vote on the poll provided in this thread.

Thank you, and I hope to see you all soon Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.resurrectionacademy.org
gunsmaker

Kuriboh Brown

gunsmaker

Custom Title : Queen of the Night

YGOPro Name : gunsmaker

DN Name : gunsmaker

Dueling Points : 600

Skill Points : 00
BT Record : 0-0
Events Count : 0 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 3:01 am#2

Welcome Back, Smile

and i voted no, just YGOPRO and DN is ok, add more platform is like "too much".
Back to top Go down

RDA is back :D  EmptyRDA is back :D  Empty

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 5:40 am#3

Hey, welcome back RsS! You and I have been in the same boat, I guess. I hope we can duel sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
RsS

Admin

RsS

Custom Title : Cakes Emperor

YGOPro Name : RsS.YuGi

DN Name : RsS.YuGi

Dueling Points : 16.445

Skill Points : 378
BT Record : 10-0
Events Count : 10

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:09 pm#4

Princess Talaya wrote:
Welcome Back, Smile

and i voted no, just YGOPRO and DN is ok, add more platform is like "too much".
Point taken, I myself dislike the idea of having Dev, but I wanted to make sure what others think, thanks for replying and voting Smile 

Blitz wrote:
Hey, welcome back RsS! You and I have been in the same boat, I guess. I hope we can duel sometime soon.

Thanks Blitz, I missed you and the others and sure hope to duel sometime.. also.. stop deleting your accounts =p
Back to top Go down
http://www.resurrectionacademy.org
Argor42

DN Team/ Teacher

Argor42

YGOPro Name : Don't have

DN Name : Argor42

Dueling Points : 150

Skill Points : 03
BT Record : 1-0

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 10:41 pm#5

YGOPro and DevPro are both automatic fan-made simulators with more than their fair share of problems. While I'd personally rather a full switch to DN, that won't happen. So, why not have Dev along with Percy? They do virtually the same thing, anyway.
Back to top Go down
MAAD

Kuriboh Brown

MAAD

YGOPro Name : MAAD

DN Name : MAADcity

Dueling Points : 100

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 3:39 am#6

This is great news. I promise to contribute more, since everyone is putting in more effort.

I'm on Dev frequently so i'm cool with that.
Back to top Go down
LoudFist

Events Organizer

LoudFist

Custom Title : blank

YGOPro Name : LoudFist

DN Name : LoudFist

Dueling Points : 4665

Skill Points : 398
BT Record : 52-59
Events Count : 5 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 12:36 am#7

minor differences between YgoPro and Devpro dont think it would matter that much, make DN the official game? now that would make a difference.
Back to top Go down
Master Marcus

Marcus Rank

Master Marcus

Custom Title : King Of Chaos

YGOPro Name : Master Marcus

DN Name : redshadowknight21

Dueling Points : 3445

Skill Points : 50
BT Record : 0-1
Events Count : 1 Events Won.

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 6:39 pm#8

Argor42 wrote:
YGOPro and DevPro are both automatic fan-made simulators with more than their fair share of problems. While I'd personally rather a full switch to DN, that won't happen. So, why not have Dev along with Percy? They do virtually the same thing, anyway.

Thats because they are the same thing basically. Only difference in Dev is it has a launcher, more servers, a chatbox, and some organized teams and so on. They all use the same system made by flurohyde to duel on.
Back to top Go down
LoudFist

Events Organizer

LoudFist

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 12:11 am#9

They also differ on some of the rulings, namely swap frog effect. On Ygopro you can only return him once to the hand, while on dev -- and the consensus on the general ruling, you can bounce him as many times as you want but you only get the additional summon once, since the effect would reset when you summon him. This has been reported several times on Ygopro forums but for some reason it is not fixed.
Back to top Go down
Master Marcus

Marcus Rank

Master Marcus

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 3:00 am#10

That simply means the owner of dev pro is either to lazy to fix it or doesn't want to fix it. You have to take it up with the owner. The only legit automatic dueling system with no errors is the official one on xbox so there is always bound to be problems if people don't understand the proper ruling or how to program it.
Flurohyde himself made the system and how to program it. Its up to the owners to understand the system and code it properly so there are no bugs are problems. All ruling based problems on the automatic servers are due to the owners either not understanding or not having the knowledge to code it.

By the way the percy ruling is correct not the dev pro ruling
Back to top Go down
LoudFist

Events Organizer

LoudFist

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 4:15 am#11

Master Marcus wrote:

By the way the percy ruling is correct not the dev pro ruling
So i read around to clarify that ruling and found that:
OCG: You can bounce swap frog once per turn and only once that turn, meaning it doesn't reset. That is based a ruling from the Japanese wiki, nothing official exists on the matter. 

TCG: you can bounce more than once and keep special summoning him by discarding water monsters. No ruling is written about it but that's how DN admins seem to rule it.
Back to top Go down
gunsmaker

Kuriboh Brown

gunsmaker

Custom Title : Queen of the Night

YGOPro Name : gunsmaker

DN Name : gunsmaker

Dueling Points : 600

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 4:39 am#12

I who mainly use YGOPRO, visited the academy that only use DN, i want it or not, i must use DN to duel members of that academy. Then i visited another academy that use 2 platform, DN and DEV, i want it or not, i must use DN or DEV to duel members of that academy.

I asked one of the staffs on the academy that use DN and DEV ages ago, "why not adding YGOPRO?". and he answered "DEV and YGOPRO is the same thing, so we only choose one of them, and its DEV, if you dont want to use DEV, then use DN, if you dont want to use both DN and DEV then this is not your place".

So, what i want to say is, RDA on the beginning was used YGOPRO as main platform, then adding DN as second platform. So what about DEV? YGOPRO and DEV is the same thing, just with different name. Why dont just make member here use this YGOPRO and DN instead of adding DEV?
Back to top Go down
Master Marcus

Marcus Rank

Master Marcus

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 6:44 am#13

Adding dev pro will give people from the platfrom who probably have never heard of ygopro a place here. In dev pro percy is discouraged and highly frowned upon as well as frequently talked bad about. So in essence some don't know the pros and cons of one or the other. There just going off of what the elders tell them. I believe in adding all 3 platforms it will give us the versitility to be able to relate on all levels as well as being able to get more members from other platforms and have every1 in duel harmony. Remember again due to the checkmate server you can duel a person with dev pro on percy and vise versa as long as you don't mind getting ranked while doing so. In the end though it really doesn't matter and is all personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Argor42

DN Team/ Teacher

Argor42

YGOPro Name : Don't have

DN Name : Argor42

Dueling Points : 150

Skill Points : 03
BT Record : 1-0

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:32 pm#14

"TCG: you can bounce more than once and keep special summoning him by discarding water monsters. No ruling is written about it but that's how DN admins seem to rule it."

This is correct. Note:

"If you activate the effect of more than 1 "Swap Frog," you can only Normal Summon 1 time in addition to your Normal Summon or Set.[1]"

There IS a ruling about it. -_-

Also, whatever differences exist between Dev and Percy are irrelevant; they functionally do the same thing in the form of providing an automatic fan-made simulator, and both have plenty of problems. If we're going to offer Percy, we might as well offer Dev for those who mainly play on Dev, and vice-versa.
Back to top Go down
kiogreservent

Kuriboh Brown

kiogreservent

Dueling Points : 100

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 2:19 pm#15

Hello , i voted yes.

I will explain yall why:

1- i been working in many places and many different ambients from what if seen devpro has team very organized and super actives , in this point disavantages are they also war by devpro officialls zones and forums. Being this said they dont get a count or a reward.

2- Lately ygopro have been losing menbers to it. Must player choose only one and whit the facility off the cominication by it they had what percy doesnt have. Even thought we dont know what next gen has to give abaut this point.

At the end we can conclude if we keep it will be like ygopro cuz events can be made whit both systeam whithout any distintion.

Thx for reading and listening the opinians of all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RDA is back :D  EmptyRDA is back :D  Empty

PostSubject: Re: RDA is back :D RDA is back :D  Empty#16

Back to top Go down

RDA is back :D

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1