Resurrection Duel Academy
RDA's Deck Showcase #1: Gagaga XYZs SIjvTNq

Yu-Gi-Oh! - Dueling - Fun - Competition - Tours - Games - Chat

HomeRDA's PortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RDA's Deck Showcase #1: Gagaga XYZs

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage

RDA's Deck Showcase #1: Gagaga XYZs Empty

RDA's Deck Showcase #1: Gagaga XYZs EmptyRDA's Deck Showcase #1: Gagaga XYZs Empty

PostSubject: RDA's Deck Showcase #1: Gagaga XYZs RDA's Deck Showcase #1: Gagaga XYZs EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 8:02 pm#1

(September 2013 Advanced TCG Format)

Last week, Konami released a new list of cards that are forbidden and limited in tournament play. For duelists who play by the TCG rules (basically everybody outside of Asia), the September 2013 list meant a controversial and massive overhaul to the majority of competitive strategies. More than 70 cards – the largest number ever – were affected by the F&L list.

Staples like the baby Dragon Rulers, Heavy Storm, Monster Reborn, Pot of Avarice, Solemn Judgment, and Spellbook of Judgment – cards that ravaged the game (and that many argue ruined it) – are now banned completely from competitive Yu-Gi-Oh (YGO). Additionally, many common defensive spells and traps – including Bottomless Trap Hole, Compulsory Evacuation Device, Dimensional Fissure, and Torrential Tribute – were limited to one copy per deck.

On the other hand, the September 2013 F&L List meant many cards that were once limited saw less restriction. Fan favorites like Black Whirlwind, Destiny Hero – Malicious, Mezuki, Plaguespreader Zombie, and T.G. Striker are now viable for competition because they are no longer limited (or are limited to a manageable 2 copies per deck). As a result, many older strategies – like Zombie Plants and TeleDAD  – are playable once again.

These changes are great for YGO players because they return Yu-Gi-Oh! to its roots as a skill-based (rather than profit-based) game. The new F&L list is particularly great for me because it has allowed me to create numerous cool, potentially-competitive decks that would otherwise be impossible.

One of my favorites is the Gagaga XYZ deck, which I am happy to share with you today. The Gagaga Archetype is the first XYZ-centric theme in all of Yu-Gi-Oh! Introduced more than two years ago by YGO Zexal, Gagaga monsters are known for their ability to create 1-for-1 summons for almost every XYZ monster in the game. 
RDA's Deck Showcase #1: Gagaga XYZs Gagaga-xyz1

I’m Going Gagaga for Magicians
My Gagaga XYZ deck revolves around Yuma’s favorite monster, Gagaga Magician, for many reasons.

First, Gagaga Magician is a DARK monster. This attribute harmonizes with Dark Armed Dragon and the Chaos elements that need DARK monsters in the graveyard. It also works well with Allure of Darkness, which helps me draw cards from my deck.

Second, the Magician is a Level 4 monster; this allows for synergy with Summoner Monk for instant Rank 4 XYZ summons. Because Summoner Monk is also of the DARK attribute, the two monsters can be used to summon Number 66: Master Key Beetle, an impenetrable wall when equipped with Safe Zone.

Third, Gagaga Magician has a godly effect: once per turn, he can change his level to anything between 1 and 8. When combined with Gagaga Child’s effect, this ability gives him premier access to all of the cards in the Extra Deck, including the deadly Number 11: Big Eye.

Fourth, Gagaga Magician is a Spellcaster-type monster. Because Gagaga Child is another DARK Spellcaster that can change its level (to that of the Magician), the pair can access Norito the Moral Leader – 2700-ATK XYZ beatstick that can negate spells and traps during either player’s turn.

The Magician’s Assistants
Assisting the Gagaga Magician are cards like Solar Wind Jammer and Tour Guide from the Underworld, which create 1-for-1 Rank 5 and Rank 3 XYZ summons, respectively. These cards are the sole reason behind the Leviair the Sea Dragon, the Number 61: Volcasaurus, and the Wind-Up Zenmaines in the Extra Deck. Solar Wind Jammer – a Level 5 LIGHT-attribute monster – is especially deadly because it gives this deck access to Constellar Pleiades, a juiced-up Compulsory Evacuation Device. The 3 copies of Instant Fusion in the Main Deck and the 2 Ojama Knights in the Extra Deck join forces to reliably summon Constellar Pleiades.

The 2 Darkfire Dragons (also accessible through Instant Fusion) allow for instant Rank 4 XYZ summons. Because Darkfire Dragon is also a DARK monster, I use it to frustrate my opponents with Master Key Beetle.

The 2 Star Drawings share Gagaga Magician’s role as the primary XYZ material monsters. Although they are both originally Level 4, Star Drawing can change its level to 5 and fulfill the role as Rank 5 material monsters. As if it couldn’t get any better, I get to draw a card every time I summon an XYZ monster with Star Drawing’s effect.
 RDA's Deck Showcase #1: Gagaga XYZs Gagaga-xyz-decklist1

Encores?
Because many of the staple spells and traps were affected by the F&L List, I relied on substitutes to fill in the gaps. Gone are Monster Reborn and Heavy Storm; limited are Bottomless Trap Hole, Compulsory Evacuation Device, and Solemn Warning. In Monster Reborn’s place are 3 Gagagarevenge, 2 Call of the Haunted, and 1 XYZ Reborn (for on-demand monster revival). I also added 2 Pots of Duality for consistency. As for the rest of the deck, I feel that my decisions are pretty much self-explanatory.

I hope you enjoyed reviewing my Gagaga XYZ deck. As the September 2013 Format stabilizes, be on the lookout for more deck creations in the coming weeks.

Until next time,

Happy Dueling!
Back to top Go down
RsS

Admin

RsS

Custom Title : Cakes Emperor

YGOPro Name : RsS.YuGi

DN Name : RsS.YuGi

Dueling Points : 16.445

Skill Points : 378
BT Record : 10-0
Events Count : 10

PostSubject: Re: RDA's Deck Showcase #1: Gagaga XYZs RDA's Deck Showcase #1: Gagaga XYZs EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 10:29 pm#2

I've never been able to make gagaga deck stable enough, this one seems solid, I'll probably try it out with few changes tho, like main msts.. e.e
Back to top Go down
http://www.resurrectionacademy.org

RDA's Deck Showcase #1: Gagaga XYZs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1